International scientific conference on
Magnetism – Geomagnetism – Biomagnetism MGB – 2008
Sežana – Slovenija, 7th and 8th November 2008
The conference is organized in co-operation with:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of Ljubljana, Republic of Slovenia
- Faculty of Mining, Geology and Polytehnics of the University “Goce Delcev” Stip, Republic of Macedonia
- Geomagnetic Institute Grocka, Republic of Serbia
- Instituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Roma, Italy
- Lviv Centre of Institute for Space Research, Ukraine
- Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium
- Rudi Čop, Slovenija – chairman
- Spomenko J. Mihajlović, Serbia
- Tomaž Slivnik, Slovenia
- Antonio Meloni, Italy
- Valery Korepanov, Ukraine
- Jean L. Rasson, Belgium
- Todor Delipetrov, Republic of Macedonia
- Danijel Božič – chairman
- Rudi Čop
- Daša Fabjan
- Spomenko J. Mihajlović
- Tomaž Slivnik
Purpose of the conference MGB – 2008
The characteristic of a natural magnet to orient itself constantly towards the earth’s magnetic pole is one of the mankind’s oldest discoveries. The explanation for phenomenon is one which has undergone a great number of changes.
Measurements of the magnetic flux density have shown results from a few Tesla to 10-18 T and it changes through time with a frequency a few GHz or only with a period of several Sun cycles. Such measurements are of interest to natural sciences and techniques in the field of magnetism and geomagnetism, as well as biomagnetics, magnetobiology and medicine.
The International Scientific Conference on Magnetism – Geomagnetism – Biomagnetics, MGB – 2008 is aimed at an exchange of views, experiences and the results of measurements in the field of magnetism. We therefore cordially invite all researchers involved in magnetism, directly or indirectly, to participate in this Conference and demonstrate the results of their work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.